Friday, December 14, 2012

'Green' Decor

I love to decorate for the holidays, but it can get pretty pricey. While watching a program on HGTV about the White House's Christmas decorations, I saw a wreath made of magazine pages. I was inspired! Immediately, I grabbed a few old magazines and started to rip out pages, trying to get whole pages mostly and the most colorful ones. I then curled the pages into cones and secured them with scotch tape. After a while I had enough cones to try to make a wreath. Now I had to figure out how to lay out these cones in a circle. Cardboard was my answer. I cut out a circle, about 5 inches in diameter, and then cut out the center. With my hot glue gun in hand, I went to work and glued each cone to the cardboard, being sure to cover the circle completely. I used some buttons to finish off the inner circle and this is the finished product.


I then challenged myself to make monochromatic pieces. With no hole in the center, they're great as wall art all year round.


Black, white, and red


The Blues


Ever Green

No comments:

Post a Comment